2010년 8월 4일 수요일

The Shilla - Continental (French)

I am transcribing my first review here

Hey everyone here is my first Restaurant Review!
Since this is my first it might not be well thought out.

This my review of Continental, a French restaurant inside the Shilla hotel in Seoul.

Atmosphere
When i first walked into this place, I was immersed by lots of red and white colors that gave a sense of luxury and class. As I sat down by the window i was also then greeted by the pleasant melody of the piano and the cello. The lighting was perfect as there was a nice glow on the diners faces but still dim enough give a nice aura around the diners. I have to say, it was very romantic. I you have lovers, definitely check this place out for a romantic evening.

Service
The service was good. I couldn’t find anything to complain about. All the servers were very responsive to our questions about the menu and the choice of wine. Most of all they didn't lose the smile. They poured water when we were running low (but not the wine... bummer). I guess there’s nothing to really complain about in terms of service.

Food
The food was excellent; every bit was crafted with great care and precision. They had a very simple presentation of the food though somewhat aesthetically pleasing: each component came through my eyes without any struggle (I didn’t have trouble trying to figure out what i need to eat first). There are pictures of the dishes i had tonight below! Check it out. The funny thing is, the bread was one of the highlights of this restaurant. Although i cannot say that it was the best meal that i had but would definitely come here and dine again.

Price
Price Range: $80-$200 dollars per person
The price range was a bit steep. Fortunately, I went with my parents so i didn't have to pay a dime. We had three six course meals and a glass of wine and it came out to be about $450 USD. Considering the food and the atmosphere I felt that it was a bit overpriced.

James' Score
Atmosphere: 10/10 (Romantic)
Service: 8/10 (No complaints)
Taste of Food: 7/10
Presentation of Food: 5/10 (Nothing Special)
Price 5/10 (Bit expensive for what you get)

Over all 7/10

Will I come back? YES

Sign out side of the Door

Chateau Lafon-Rachet
The wine i had, tastes like Cabernet Sauvignon but little bit of smoothness to it. I liked it.

Amuse-bouche
Very light. perfect way to start off the meal.

Foie-gras Terrine with Fuji Apple Confiture
This was a simple Foie dish which was complemented very well with the sweet caramelized Fuji Apple.
 
These bread sticks were the bomb! it was lightly crunchy on the outside and very soft on the inside. I could have these all day.

Saffron Flavored Lobster Soup with Jardiniere Vegetables
Rustic flavors! Just a simple Lobster soup.

Red Mullet a la Plancha with Sauteed Artichoke and Fennel.
The Mullet was crunchy which was very well complimented by the bitterness of the slight sauce. The texture profile was very good with the fennel and the crunchy surface of the Mullet. However.. i am asking myself... where was the artichoke????

Char-grilled Australian Wagyu Beef Tenderloin with Shallot Sauce
Perfectly cooked medium rare steak. Nothing more to say!

White Chocolate Mousse with Yogurt Ice Cream
Incredibly soft mousse with yogurt ice-cream on the top. Everything literally melted in my mouth..

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기